Minecraft Beta 1.6.4 Free Minecraft Bugfixes
Minecraft Beta 1.6.4
Currently moving the site, a lot of posts got deleted, going to organize things!
- Fixed CPU issue on multiplayer (?)
- Attempt at fix for severe CPU hog bug on SSP
- When running server on x64bit OS, the map will not load chunks correctly.
- Sometimes freezes most water into ice regardless of if its in a snow biome or not.
- Sound Effects lose sync with their respective actions.(?)
- Large sections of blocks may be see through (even when not standing on those blocks; underground caverns visible)
- When a tool has damage and is removed from your inventory by any means and then picked up again, it will disappear upon right clicking on anything or left clicking to, say chop a tree. Once it’s chopped the item disappears. Also if two like items with damage are stacked one will disappear.
- CPU issue fix is still failing, same loop as 1.6.3
- Achievements may get bugged. 
- Updating of lighting due to torches and other player instigated sources seems to be even worse.(?)
- Underground or otherwise enclosed minetrack corners can cause you to clip through wall and lose health.
- One Minecart may partially pass through another on a slope, when held by a non-activated booster track.  
- Fire does not show up on a map item.
- Fire sticks around much longer on blocks it can’t burn.
- Cobweb now acting like a solid block, player can pass through it, but he/she will get damaged.
- You are able to travel down through a “closed” Trapdoor/Hatch (Under certain circumstances)
- Sometimes upon loading a world, the player will spawn an additional 1.62 meters higher than where he quit, and then fall down. In particular, if this occurs while standing under a solid block (such as a low ceiling), then the player will suffer 0.5 hearts of damage (suffocation) from clipping into the block temporarily. (See Bug Report.)
- When boats are submerged, they do not float back to surface 
- When you are in a bed, you can control particles orientation (portal particles, torch fire, etc…) by moving the mouse. (This has been around since at least 1.5)
- All TNT-entities stay clientside after exploding, until reconnection. (New bug because before just random ones stayed)
- Shift-clicking to transfer items to/from chests, inventory, dispensers and storage minecarts can result in the game crashing.(?)
- Can’t move and can mostly only see sky and sea when server.properties “view-distance” is set above 5. Note that the default is 10. Didn’t see this in 1.6.3.
- Hostile mobs sometimes spawn when using a bed even in a well lit room sealed off from outside enviroments, this appears to possibly be related to the lighting bug mentioned above.
- Fighting through wooden doors no longer works. Swinging as sword through the window of the door will do damage, but also cause the door to open, letting in your enemy. Iron doors are still safe. (Possibly intentional or part of the “too close to levers” fix?)
- Craftable maps sometimes don’t display the correct name, become blank or have gaps. (true for SMP, not tested on SSP)
- Worse, crafting a map can cause the server to hang. The server has to be restarted, and will crash again if the user that crafted the map logs in again. The only way to ‘fix’ it when this happens is to delete the player’s .dat file and restart the server before they log in again.
- In SMP when you place a new portal and it connect to an existing portal nether side, you will exit at the original portal (known). If you disable the original portal, then re-enter the second portal, upon returning to the real world, the game will spawn a new random portal (obsidian frame and all). Your client will then crash. If you destroy THAT portal and repeat the game will spawn yet ANOTHER portal next to the new one, then you crash. If you destroy that portal and re-enable the original one, the game makes that the primary portal again.
- When crafting an item, shift clicking may cause different items to be created if the elimination of resources would create a situation in which that item can be crafted. For example, having 1 stone in the top left and two in the top middle and top right, along with two sticks in the middle and bottom middle, shift clicking will create a pick and a hoe.